Lisa Whelchel — “Blair” from Facts Of Life, Survivor Philippines Finalist, Mouseketeer, AuthorAt age 13, Lisa Whelchel's first professional acting experience was as a Mouseketeer for Walt Disney’s “The New Mickey Mouse Club". But of course Lisa is perhaps best known for her starring role as Blair Warner on NBC’s “The Facts of Life” for nine years. Her first book, “Creative Correction” sold over 200,000 copies, but then she went on to write over a dozen more books including, “The Facts of Life and Other Lessons My Father Taught Me,” “The ADVENTure of Christmas,” “The Busy Mom’s Guide” Series, and her most recent, “Friendship For Grownups.” With a goal to refresh and equip other mothers, she is the founder of MomTime Ministries and “Personal Mom Coaching”. Ms. Whelchel is also an international speaker and has toured with “Women of Faith,” “Extraordinary Women” and “Women of Joy.” Lisa’s latest adventure was participating on Season 25 of CBS’s “Survivor: Philippines”. She tied for second place and won the Sprint “Player of the Season” as awarded by the fans of the show.
Gavin MacLeod — Captain Merrill Stubing - The Love Boat Murray Slaughter - The Mary Tyler Moore Show Joseph 'Happy' Haines - McHale's NavyGavin MacLeod's career spans almost six decades in TV, Film, and Broadway. He's also been an Ambassador for Princess Cruises since 1986 and The "Captain" continues to travel throughout the world making appearances. The consummate storyteller, Gavin has worked with countless stars, such as Cary Grant, Steve McQueen, Gregory Peck, Bette Davis, Frank Sinatra, Ethel Merman, Ella Fitzgerald, Ronald Reagan, Milton Berle and Fred Astaire. From his humble theatrical beginnings in upstate New York, to Radio City Music Hall and on to Hollywood, Gavin MacLeod was on the fast track to success. Through hard life lessons like dealing with divorce, Gavin has learned that the key to happiness is only through deep faith in God and he feels his work for Christ is more important than any award. Three years later his remarriage proved that a great struggle can culminate in a happy ending. He continues to act on and off the screen. His most recent movie, The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry, is a heart-warming tale that leads three young boys to understanding what "loving thy neighbor" is all about. Gavin has just released his biography entitled, This Is Your Captain Speaking: My Fantastic Voyage Through Hollywood, Faith & Life!
John Fugelsang — Comedian, Actor, TV PersonalityTop Ten Facts About John Fugelsang
1. He interviewed Paul McCartney in London, and George Harrison in New York – in the same week. He also once handed Ringo a glass of water.
2. He appeared on “Politically Incorrect” more than 20 times and Bill Maher called him ‘one of my favorite comedians’.
3. He plays two roles in the upcoming romantic comedy ‘The Whole Truth’ starring Elisabeth Rohm and Eric Roberts, and just wrapped the independent feature ‘Price Check’ opposite Parker Posey.
4. His mother is an ex-Nun and his father was a Franciscan Brother. He admires Jesus as any guy would admire mom’s first husband.
5. Currently on tour with ‘The Stephanie Miller Sexy Liberal Show’ along with Hal Sparks, and appearing this summer Off-Broadway with ‘Laughing Liberally.’
6. He’s been featured on CNN, Fox News, Dennis Miller, Air America, CNBC, and been published on The Huffington Post and Daily Kos. Oh, he also co-hosted “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.”
7. “CSI” – Dead Drug Mule. “Becker” – Psycopath. “Providence” – Sleazy Lawyer. “Coyote Ugly” – Crooked Club Owner. “Somewhere in the City“ - Sex scene with Sandra Bernhard.
8. British GQ & the New York Post call him “Hilarious;” The New Yorker says, “He has the soul of an iconoclast;” and former Klansman David Duke says, “This man hates himself.”
9. He’s appeared at Montreal’s ‘Just for Laughs’ Festival, HBO’s U.S Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, The Las Vegas Comedy Festival, and he closed last year’s South Beach Comedy Festival in Miami. Booed in Tampa in 2002 for doing Bush material.
10. He is Irish, Danish and German; which means he gets drunk, hides the Jews, and looks for them.
Kerri Pomarolli — Comedian, Actress, Author
Dave Toycen — President & CEO of World Vision CanadaDave joins us to give an update on the aftermath of Typhoon Hayian and how the people of the Philippines are coping with the devastation of the worst storm on record!
LIVE! on TDMS - Devoted Souly to the Art of Music
Jessica BlakeJessica Blake is a breath of fresh air - an exceptional singer-songwriter who willingly opens her heart and bares her soul. Jessica’s captivating lyrics tell tales of truth and beauty, travel and discovery, and her spiritual journey to find love and a closer connection with God. Her songwriting style proves to evoke thought and discussion while providing edifying content in an innocent yet forthright way. Jessica has performed at all the key Toronto music venues; the Horseshoe, Rivoli, the El Mocambo, Gladstone and Drake hotels, Free Times Café, Supermarket, and the Lula Lounge. She was a featured artist at the Roy Thomson Hall’s Brewer’s Plate Festival, the Roncy Rocks outdoor music festival, C’est What, and at Toronto’s prestigious TIFF Lightbox venue.
“Marwa” — Between A Veil & A Dark Place“My name for the purposes of this blog is Marwa, and I am here to write about Arab, Muslim-ish, and Muslimish (mish, Arabic for ‘not’) issues. I am an ex-Muslim, an apostate, an atheist, an escapee from the Middle East, a victim of both religious-based violence at the hands of my own family and the crushing Western war machine in my homeland. I am a mostly-liberal seeking to oppose the confused and misinformed right-wing phobias that negatively affect my people. I am a mostly-liberal seeking to oppose the liberal dogma that resists enabling useful critique of foreign cultures and societies for fear of being assuming, paternalistic, and hurtful. I want to promote the idea that informed critique leads to reform and leads to solutions. I want to write in memory, poem-bursts, in story. I want to engage in argumentation, robust and clear and critical. Sometimes I will speak from emotion, a depth of confusion and pain, a clarity of intimacy and love, without aspiring to an argumentative form. Sometimes I will try to find usefulness in rigor. There is no set formula. But whatever my rhetoric, I want to highlight the human avenues of being one type of Middle Eastern woman with appreciation and sensitivity. I want to claim my culture and my country and I want to critique the ideologies and belief-systems therefrom. I want to be corrected, challenged, acknowledged, talked to. But mostly I’m hoping that this will somehow be educational, beneficial, and always with the betterment of the people in the region at heart.”
The Pub Crawl — This week on The Pub Crawl:“Drew & His Mates” crack open a few - topics! Current affairs, pop culture, even touchy-feely-relational stuff! Listen in OR call and join us, as we crawl from topic to topic! (Got a topic you want the gang from the pub to crack open? Click here)
A 1969 painting by Francis Bacon set a world record for most expensive artwork ever sold at auction. It sold for $142 Million! Investment or insanity?
Project Spade has led to the largest, most extensive commercial child pornography ring ever uncovered in Canada. As of now there have been 348 global arrests. Within Canada alone, 40 school teachers, 9 doctors and nurses, 32 people who volunteer with children, 6 law enforcement personnel, 3 foster parents and 9 pastors and priests. NINE PASTORS AND PRIESTS??? Is that a surprise or not anymore?
W.here's T.he F.aith?Join Drew and various religion reporters from an assortment of news outlets, as they catch up on happenings in the world of Religion & Faith & Cults (Oh My!) Today's WTF Guest: Paul Brandeis Raushenbush - Senior Religion Editor for The AOL/Huffington Post Media Group