Special Guests

  • Bobby Schuller — Host Of Hour Of Power, Author of Happiness According to Jesus: What it Means to be Blessed
    Bobby Schuller has experienced enough loss and family struggle to understand that being blessed is not about glory, money or fame. In this book, Bobby draws from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and explores ten contemporary truths about what it means to live a blessed life.
    He asks:
    • If God loves me, why won't he answer my prayers?
    • Is it wrong to be materially blessed?
    • What does it mean to be "poor in spirit"?
    • How can I find fulfillment whatever the circumstances?
    Bobby Schuller serves as the pastor for the Hour of Power, a long-running broadcast ministry seen by millions around the world. He also serves as the teaching pastor of Shepherd’s Grove Church in Garden Grove, CA, and as the president of the St Patrick Project, a social services outreach in Orange County, CA. He has been featured on TV shows like Canada’s 100 Huntley Street and TLC’s ‘The Messengers’. Notably, he was the youngest serving chaplain in the Chautauqua Institute’s 150-year history. Bobby graduated from Oral Roberts University in 2003 and received his Master of Divinity degree from Fuller Theological Seminary in 2008.

  • Johnny Barnes — Mr. Happy Man!
    For decades - come rain or shine or even hurricanes, 91-year-old Johnny Barnes has gone out into the darkness of early morning and greeted Bermudians on their way to work with a wave, a kiss, and an “I LOVE YOU”. His stories are fantastic. His faith is simple. His reason for doing this – pure. Bermuda's legendary Johnny Barnes joins Drew to carry on the discussion they had a few weeks ago when he visited Johnny.
    Watch Johnny's Short Documentary HERE

  • Tony Ortega & Paulette Cooper
    Tony Ortega — Author Of The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How The Church Of Scientology Tried To Destroy Paulette Cooper
    In 1971 Paulette Cooper wrote a scathing book about the Church of Scientology. Desperate to shut the book down, Scientology unleashed on her one of the most sinister personal campaigns the free world has ever known. The onslaught, which lasted years, drove her to the brink of suicide. The story of Paulette’s terrifying ordeal is told in full for the first time in The Unbreakable Miss Lovely. It reveals the shocking details of the darkest chapter in Scientology’s checkered history, which ended with senior members in prison, and the organization’s reputation permanently damaged.


    Paulette Cooper — Award Winning Journalist, Author of The Scandal Of Scientology
    Paulette Cooper has written 19 books plus approximately 1,000 articles (New York Magazine, New York Times, Washington Post, Parade, TV Guide, Cosmopolitan, The Sunday Times of London, National Law Journal, National Enquirer, Star, The New York Post, etc.) and has won 7 prestigious writing awards. She launched her career as a freelance writer after graduating from Brandeis in 3 years with Honors. She spent a summer at Harvard studying comparative religion, and then completed an M.A. degree in psychology. Her first major article -- which appeared all over the world -- was the true story of how Paulette spent a week as a (successful) stowaway in order to write about it. Her first book, "The Scandal of Scientology", which has become world-famous, is still a classic after 40 years. What she learned about this cult lead to an almost full-time crusade on her part to expose Scientology and help those they were hurt by them at a time when few outsiders knew much about the cult and those who did were afraid to speak out. The Scientologists retaliated by harassing her for 15 years, including suing her 19 times all over the world, and almost successfully criminally framing her in a bizarre plot titled "Operation Freakout." (All this was the subject of a "60 Minutes" TV Segment).


  • Stephen Halfyard
    On May 2, 2015 Priscilla Halfyard came into the studio with her dad, Stephen (whom she'd been estranged from for 4 years) to share one of the most inspirational stories we've ever had on our show. Priscilla had been injured in a car accident, which killed her 6 year old brother, Spenser. Shortly afterwards, the doctors discovered that Priscilla had Cancer. Then on Tuesday May 12, Priscilla's dad Stephen called to let me know that his 23-year old daughter had just died. But not before getting married - two days earlier - from her hospice bed! (To listen to Priscilla's interview CLICK HERE) Today, Stephen Halfyard joins us to share what it was like to watch his daugher get married, only to lose her two days later. (Here is the 5 min Wedding Video. Check out the smile on this girl's face!)

LIVE! on TDMS - Devoted Souly to the Art of Music

  • This Week's Recording Artist — Patrick Ballantyne
    In an era where many independent artists opt to go alone rather than sign with a label, the new alliance of Patrick Ballantyne with Northwood Records reflects a shared synergy not often found between labels and artists, and the most salient ingredient is their mutual love of songwriting. Patrick Ballantyne was recently named “best songwriter of 2014” by Now Readers. He is an established songwriter, having written with Canadian staples like Big Sugar and The Trews as well as emerging artists like Tim Chaission and Meredith Shaw. Patrick is launching a new project he (sardonically) calls “Hit-A-Month". His first single released February 13th was “She Loves A Man” -- a light hearted, rockabilly via Dylan number that somehow reflects both its release date of Friday the 13th and Valentines Day! He has also released "Someone You Should Know" (featuring the Oh Chays) in April & a Digital 45 with two songs - "The Look of You Gone" & "Stay in Heaven" in May.
    AND Check out our Drewtube page to see some of our previous recording artist LIVE!

Pub Crawl

  • Drew & His Mates Crack Open A Few!
    Current affairs, pop culture, even touchy-feely-relational stuff! Listen in OR call and join us, as we crawl from topic to topic!
    Got a topic you want the gang from the pub to crack open? (Click here)

    This week on The Pub Crawl:
    Drew's buddies — Corey Lacey & John McAuley

    1/ Should people lose their jobs because of stupid stuff they say in public?
    Apparently people are losing their jobs because of dumb things they say. A Hydro One employee was fired after he yelled out a pretty brutal profanity (a d-bag move, which seems to be trending around the world) into the microphone of a female TV reporter. A female comedian walked off the stage as a result of one guy at a private corporate event, harassing her with “come on” comments like “there’s a 51 per cent chance that my buddy here will have sex with you, and I will take the other 49 per cent.” The company the man works for has reported that he will be “disciplined.” Would these situations be in the news if the “victims” were men? Have we become too sensitive or is our society finally starting to speak out about things that have been tolerated for too long?

    2/ When it comes to donating blood or organs to people who have abused their bodies, should “God people” turn the other cheek or be “good stewards” of their own “temples”?
    With the owner of the NHL's Ottawa Senators going public about needing a liver donor, some have speculated about whether his drinking should have made him less of a priority on the organ donor list. Even if he is an alcoholic, should that matter to people of faith when it comes to offering to be his liver donor? What if you knew that your blood, or even your donated organs after you die, were going into a person to help sustain a life of “poor choices”? Should people of faith be above such distinctions or would God want them to obey scripture and be a “good steward” of their “temple”?

    Got something to say about today's Pub Crawl topics? Call 877-569-1250 (toll free in Canada & The States) OR Tweet us your thoughts on @tdms OR post your thoughts on our Drew Marshall Show Facebook page OR send us a message or voicemail through our website www.drewmarshall.ca OR just mutter to yourself like an angry octogenarian!

Talkback, etc.

  • W.here's T.he F.aith?
    Join Drew and various religion reporters from an assortment of news outlets, as they catch up on happenings in the world of Religion & Faith & Cults (Oh My!)
    Today's W.T.F. Guest: Paul Brandeis Raushenbush - Senior Religion Editor for The AOL/Huffington Post Media Group